St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation Manager of Major Giving
St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation requires a permanent, full-time Manager of Major Giving. This position is responsible for identifying, negotiating and closing major and/or planned gifts using a professional, donor-service oriented approach.
The Manager of Major Giving must continue to build St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation’s outstanding major and planned giving programs using excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and leadership skills.
The Manager of Major Giving serves as Campaign Director for the Foundation’s Close to Home Campaign for Hospice and End-of-Life Care that is currently underway. Responsibilities include campaign planning, successfully meeting the campaign goal and timeline in co-operation with CEO and campaign volunteers.
Duties & responsibilities
Major and Planned Giving:
- Assist with planning, organizing, implementation and evaluation of the major and planned giving programs
- Recruit and lead campaign volunteers, including orientation, training and support
- Develop the major and planned giving budgets
- Manage the performance and development of the Major Gifts Officer
- Work to identify and engage new or potential donors
- Support Foundation board members in probable donor identification and engagement
- Coordinate recognition for major donors
- Collaborate with communications department to prepare promotional material, including advertisements, brochures, audio visual aids, newsletter articles, etc.
- Perform donor research, cultivation, and solicitation
- Utilize donor relationship management database
- Arrange special presentations and seminars for donors and allied professionals
- Share responsibility with CEO on capital campaign planning
- Work closely with the campaign steering committee, including determining campaign committee structure and responsibilities
- Ensure assignments and responsibilities are carried out with promptness and integrity
- Meet as necessary with the CEO and the Foundation development team so that the team has access to up to date information
- Establish and maintain positive public relations with internal and external contacts in order to reflect a positive image of the foundation
- Provide a comprehensive service through efficient management of the Major and Planned Giving functions and campaign activities thus ensuring smooth operation of these programs
- Ensure that the Foundation is well represented at all times
- Education: post-secondary education, CFRE designation and CAGP or AHP Planned Giving or Major Gifts Certificate. Familiarity with planned giving instruments would be considered an asset.
- Experience: A minimum of three years of experience in Major Giving or Planned Giving or in a related field such as fund raising, law, accounting, trust administration, life insurance or financial planning.
- Skills: Ability to commence initiatives and to function under minimal supervision; innovative and creativity; ability to maintain confidentiality; excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- $75,122 - $112,682 annually plus an attractive benefits package.
If this opportunity speaks to you, we invite you to apply before September 30, 2019 by submitting your resume with references to:
Human Resources, St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation at email@example.com or by mail to 1702 20th Street West, Saskatoon, SK S7M 0Z9.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Please note you may be required to undergo a criminal background check in accordance with St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation policies.