An online gallery of artwork, poetry, and musical pieces created through the Healing Arts Program.
Family member, Jayme exploring together...expressive writing can support resilience and healing.
Community member Richie and Marlessa in Healing Arts Studio
Sask Polytechnic nursing students exploring creative care through collaborative art in the Healing Arts Studio with Artist in Residence
Exploring through creative and expressive writing can support resilience and healing in times of illness. Lindy is a volunteer with our writing program and currently completing her Master's degree in Creative Writing at UBC while working part time in St. Paul’s Hospital Operating Room as an ORA.
Blue Print of Life Mural, Located behind the SPH Community Renal. Created by Artist in Residence, Marlessa with youth from Core Neighbourhood Youth Co-Op, Saskatoon Boys and Girls Club of Saskatoon, Toronto Boys and Girls Club of Saskatoon, patients, staff and community.
Music Therapist Lisa and Tinaya connect through music at our monthly Creative Care Jam
Margret Larock inspiring others in the Healing Arts Stduio with her community collaborative artwork “We Dance Together” .
Creative Care Jam on the 5th Floor with the Healing Arts Program. Music therapy Intern strumming her guitar for patients and families.
Ken in Healing Arts Studio expressing through colour and images.
A patient and his wife enjoying the creativity and imagination found in the healing arts studio at St. Paul’s Hospital.
Music Therapist Lisa Wutch plays music at the bedside with dialysis patient Thompson Bird.
Celebrating Music Therapy Week! Volunteer Azia with Music Therapists Carmen Formanek-Loncar and Lisa Wutch
A powerful painting by community member Karl Machiskinic, created in the Healing Arts Studio at St. Paul’s Hospital.
Pursue your dreams with an open heart and open mind.
-Tom Bird, 2017
Once a Farmer
Always a farmer watching the wheat
Stong, beautiful, and with a lovely hue of green
Little ones growing, growing and growing
The rain comes
The rain goes
Always to much
Little ones growing, growing, beautiful and
Now tall, strong, and beautifully gold
that sea of gold with waves stirred by the wind
It is almost time to rest for the winter
then wake up in the spring to push through
Little ones growing, growing, and growing.
- Poem written by former patient L. Munn, 2016 alongside Writer-In-Residence Kristine Scarrow.
Inspiration and Imagination
- Patient Dane in the Healing Arts Studio at St. Paul's Hospital
- Poetry at the patient's bedside, with SPH Writer-In-Residence Kristine Scarrow
Creative and Collaborative
- Family member Grace working on a collaborative artwork with other patients and community members.
Healing Arts Program Volunteers
- Julia and Azia paint and sing with patients in art studio.
- Volunteer artist Heidi.
Arts-Based Creative Community Outreach
- Celebrating 8 years of connection with Core Neighbourhood Youth Co-Op.
Music Jam Session
- Music Therapist Carmen Formanek-Loncar, Jammin' on the fifth floor with patients, family and community.
- Music Therapist Lisa Wutch
Community Mural SPH Blueprint of Life
- Core Neighbourhood Youth Co-Op, Saskatoon Boys and Girls Club of Saskatoon,
Toronto Boys and Girls Club of Saskatoon, patients, staff and community.