St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation Manager of Brand, Marketing and Digital Experience
If you are a passionate, energetic, results oriented individual seeking work that matters, health care philanthropy may be the right fit for you. We invite you to join a team of creative, driven and passionate fundraising professionals to advance the vision and mission and shape the ongoing perception of St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation.
St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation is an established, fast-growing, non-profit organization that advances innovative fundraising in support of St. Paul’s Hospital and the Hospice at Glengarda. We work to raise, prudently manage and allocate funds in keeping with donor wishes and to the best advantage of our community.
Recently, St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation worked to establish Saskatchewan’s first, free standing Hospice. The Hospice at Glengarda is now under the umbrella of our brand, and as such, we seek the support and guidance of a qualified and energetic candidate to address the expansion and diversification of our brand and managed facilities, helping to refresh our community’s appreciation and understanding for the work of our Foundation and leadership of our Hospital now and into the future.
St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation is a living wage employer – we care about our employees and community and foster a passionate, skilled and healthy workforce. We believe in prioritizing a healthy work-life balance and encourage a friendly work environment that is supportive of delivering our best work. We have a fast-paced, results-oriented environment that focuses on developing strategies and achieving objectives, rather than promoting the status-quo. We encourage creativity and foster autonomy.
St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation is seeking a permanent, full-time Manager of Brand, Marketing and Digital Experience. Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, this position is responsible for the development and implementation of strategic communications to move forward the mission, vision and values of St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation including the strategy, development and management of all branding, marketing, public relations and digital activities at St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation.
Duties & Responsibilities
Develop, oversee, and maintain budget and business plan strategies for SPH Foundation’s Brand, Marketing, Digital and Communications efforts in collaboration with CEO, Director of Philanthropy and Director of Finance and Operations;
Strategy, development, and project management of St. Paul’s Hospital and St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation’s brand, brand story and brand guidelines to strengthen, protect, and grow our relationships with internal and external audiences. Immediate priorities will include the development of a new Hospital and Foundation brand strategy that includes appropriate engagement with key stakeholders and planning for the ongoing evolution of the brand story to meet strategic priorities;
Strategy, content development, and project management of our online presence and website, including the development and launch of a new website for St. Paul’s Hospital, St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation and the Hospice at Glengarda to coincide with the new brand strategy;
Strategy, content development, and project management of St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation’s marketing and advertising initiatives, including running outstanding multi-channel fundraising, public relations and promotional campaigns with appropriate measurement and analytics to develop and advance insights, support fundraising objectives, and build engagement across all touchpoints;
Strategy, content development, and project management of accurate, compelling and well-researched fundraising materials in support of fundraising activities, including case statements, cases for support, proceeds statements, speaking points, campaign materials, and other fundraising materials as required;
Strategic planning, editorial supervision, and project oversight for SPH Foundation’s communications and public relations, ensuring all communications channels are on message and supportive of our fundraising objectives;
Strategic communications support to SPH Foundation Senior Leadership and Foundation staff including editorial approval of all content for public consumption. Specialized communications support for Hospital as required;
Advancement of SPH Foundation communications and public relations to support fundraising initiatives and increase awareness of SPH Foundation, including securing and managing advertising and media partnerships, generating earned media, coordinating public affairs activities, and writing and developing materials such as press releases, speaking notes, letters, presentations;
Monitors, measures and supports accessibility of communications content to foster a diverse and inclusive organization.
Advances Stewardship portfolio in consultation with Director of Philanthropy by providing strategic support and counsel to Stewardship staff
Management and supervision of SPH Foundation communications and stewardship staff and suppliers, including but not limited to: 1 full time Communications and Stewardship Officer, content production and marketing agencies and contractors, graphic designers, sign companies, photographers and writers.
Cultivate relationships, advance liaison and build consensus in support of communications and fundraising projects.
Other duties as required.
An undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, journalism or public relations. An equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience working in a marketing, communication or fund raising environment.
- Experience supervising staff, financial analysis and managing budgets.
- Exceptional verbal communications, writing and marketing skills.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and project management skills with keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Capacity to work in a leadership role in a health care environment. Organization and the ability to prioritize competing deadlines;
- Innovation and creativity;
- Self-motivated, energetic and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Understanding of confidentiality and privacy issues.
- Demonstrated interest or experience in philanthropy and/or health care
- Skills: Ability to commence initiatives and to function under minimal supervision; organized and detailed driven; ability to maintain confidentiality; excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Experience with institutional branding, website development and online strategy would be an asset.
- Experience with fundraising marketing and fundraising campaigns would be an asset.
- Professional membership in communications or fundraising organization (such as AFP, AHP, IABC, SPMA or CPRS) would be an asset.
- Ability to commence initiatives and to function under minimal supervision;
- passion for health care philanthropy;
- innovation and creativity;
- ability to maintain confidentiality;
- excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- The ability to make periodic early morning, weekend and/or evening meetings and/or events is required.
- Legal entitlement to work in Canada is required.
- Residency within proximity of Saskatoon, SK is required as this position is primarily located in the corporate office.
$75,122 - $112,682 annually plus an attractive benefits package.
If this opportunity speaks to you, we invite you to apply by submitting your resume with references to Essence Recruitment at essencerecruitment.ca no later than 5pm on June 30, 2022 – see https://essencerecruitment.ca/career-opportunities.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Criminal Background Check: Please note you may be required to undergo a criminal background check in accordance with St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation policies.